Redmoon Software's Jira apps on the Atlassian Marketplace closed September 2026 at $45,850 USD in revenue, across 148 sales. Last September we did $34,486 across 126 sales. That is up 33% on the same month a year ago.
This one is short. I am away for Team 26 Europe, so the video is my voice over Amsterdam rather than my face at a desk.
Renewals did almost all of it.
Renewals went from $14,407 last September to $32,210 this September, up $17,803. That is more than the whole year-on-year gain on its own. Annual renewals alone went from $11,051 to $28,911.
The biggest single line was a Watch It for Jira Cloud annual renewal for $12,082, on 28 September. Last September, the biggest line was a new Watch It for Jira Cloud annual sale for $11,081, on 30 September. Same app, same hosting, a year later almost to the day. That is what a new customer is worth when they stay.
A new sale is not one sale. It is the first of several, if the app earns it.
New business moved off the floor.
This is the line I have called the one that matters most. In July it was $1,152. In August it was $1,066. In September it was $4,885, on 6 sales.
That is still down on last September's $12,357 on 10 sales, so I am not calling it fixed. But it is more than four times either of the last two months.
Two more things about the shape of September.
- Upgrades went the other way. $14,201 last September, $924 this September.
- Cloud doubled. Cloud revenue went from $16,522 to $33,767. Data Center went from $17,963 to $12,083, down about a third. Same direction as August. Cloud is where we have been building, but Data Center still carries large annual amounts, and I am watching it.
The number that actually measures the 10x.
After August the trailing twelve months was $561,617, and it had gone backwards. After September it is $572,981. Forward by more than $11,000, and about 11% of the $5.19M target.
Six months in, eighteen left.
The scorecard.
Against the two things I committed to for September:
- Get the advanced Document Vault for Jira tier and Secure Admin for Jira Cloud approved and released. Half. The advanced Document Vault tier went live on the Atlassian Marketplace on 29 September. That is the pricing lever from month one, finally on sale. Secure Admin for Jira Cloud is still waiting on Atlassian's approval.
- Start Comment History Advanced. Not started. Other work was ahead of it, and that was my call.
QR Studio is in the same position as last month. The fix Apple asked for is done, and the update is still waiting on Apple's approval.
What solution partners told us.
Before I left I wrote down two things I wanted from this trip: three conversations with solution partners, and one thing that changes a decision. The November update will report against both. But one conversation already happened that was too useful to sit on.
At the Harleys House unconference, the Sunday before the conference, three solution partners sat down with about 25 app vendors and talked candidly about what actually makes them recommend an app. It came down to this:
- They want to do the minimum. Solution partners are busy. The less work they have to do, the more likely they are to use your app.
- One page per app. What it does, how it fits their customer segment, and its selling points.
- No complicated training or big programs. If it needs a course to recommend, it will not get recommended.
- Discounts help, but later. They come further into the process, and they do not need to be big.
Partners is one of the two levers I reported as untouched every month since April. This is the first time I have come away from it with something specific to act on.
What is next.
- Keep support first. It always comes ahead of everything else on this list.
- Get a new AI-powered app ready for testing.
- Keep building a second new app.
- Start a third new app.
- Start Comment History Advanced, carried over from September.
I am also hoping Secure Admin for Jira Cloud and the new version of QR Studio are approved and released in October. That timing belongs to Atlassian and Apple, not me, so it is a hope, not a commitment.
Month 07 is in November, in the same slot. Either I pull this off or I don't. I will see you next month.

